Position: Editor-in-Chief, African Journal of Political Science (AJPS)
The African Association of Political Science (AJPS) hereby invites suitably qualified applicants for the position of Editor-in-Chief of AJPS.
Responsibilities and Criteria
The Editor-in-Chief shall:
- Manage the peer review of submitted manuscripts
- Solicit high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and assist these authors in seeing their manuscripts to publication
- Decide which manuscripts to publish
- Select a sufficient pool of reviewers and editorial board members to evaluate manuscripts including book reviews
- Identify and appoint qualified members to the Editorial Board
- Provide a clear vision for the direction of the journal including developing an editorial policy
- Recommend to the Executive Committee on the appointment of an editorial team including up to 3 Assistant Editors and a Book Review Editor
- Recruit guest editors for special issues
- Ensure ethical standards are met for all submissions
Key qualities sought for the position of Editor-in-Chief include an established record of scholarship in the field of politics and/or international relations or any relevant sub-field within political studies; a sound understanding of political science scholarship; managerial skills to oversee the editorial cycle and meet deadlines; and the ability to recruit quality manuscripts.
Please note that this position will be for a period of two years from the date of appointment. The Editorship of the journal is voluntary and without remuneration for now until such a time that it starts generating income
To apply: Applications should include a CV & one-page Statement of Purpose, to be sent to the President of the African Association of Political Science, Prof Christopher Isike via christopher.isike[at]up.ac.za by no later than 15 May 2021.